- A hospital representative from Pre-Admission Testing will contact you to discuss the policy for admission. If you don’t hear from the office one week before the surgery, you may call (718) 283-7300, to arrange the appointment yourself.
- You may contact the Anesthesia Department, at (718) 283-8816, to confirm insurance coverage and any possible coinsurance you may have.
- Contact your primary care doctor to fax our office a letter of medical clearance, within 30 days of the surgery.
2 One Week Before Surgery
- 1 week before surgery, STOP taking of any platelet inhibitors or blood thinners (i.e. Bayer, Baby Aspirin, Excedrin, Anacin, Plavix, Aspirin, Coumadin, Heparin, Lovenox, etc.).
- 1 week before surgery, STOP taking any anti-inflammatories (i.e. Naprosyn, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen, etc.)
3 Day Before Surgery
- Your doctor’s office will call you to tell you what time to come in for your surgery. If you haven’t heard from us by 1PM, please call (718) 283-7362.
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke anything after midnight.
4 Day Of Surgery
- Take any necessary medications in the morning with one sip of water if needed.
- The hospital parking lot is located on 10th Avenue, between 47th and 48th Streets. Validate your parking ticket at the hospital to get free parking.
- Minors (younger than 18 years of age) must be accompanies by a parent or legal guardian to sign the operative consent form.
- After the surgery, you must be escorted/driven home by a responsible adult.
5 Surgery Follow-Up
- Call our office, at (718) 283-7362, to make a follow-up appointment after the surgery.
If there is a problem and you need to reschedule the surgery, please notify our office at least one week prior to the surgery.
If you have any questions, please call the physician’s assistant or your doctor.