Meet Our Physicians
The Orthopedic Team
The orthopedic team includes surgeons, physicians, nurses, pain management providers, physical and occupational therapists, social workers, and discharge planners. Our staff recognizes the emotional, psychological and spiritual dimensions of illness. We provide excellent clinical care and engage in research and the development of new technology to help our patients reach new levels of function and recovery.
We provide expert and compassionate care for orthopedic disorders by exploring all options for alleviating pain. All attempts to avoid surgery are made; however, when necessary, expert, state-of-the-art techniques are employed, including minimally invasive, arthroscopic, and endoscopic surgery.
- Afshin Razi, MD- Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon Vice Chair of Orthopedic Surgery Assistant Director, Orthopaedic Residency Program Dr. Razi’s surgical practice focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders in adults and adolescents. Specific areas of interest are degenerative diseases of the back and neck (disc herniation, degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis), pediatric and adult deformities […]
- Ahmed Saleh, MD- Dr. Saleh specializes in the operative and non-operative treatment of disorders of the neck and back with a special interest in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, spinal trauma, and degenerative diseases of the neck and back. He treats a broad range of spinal disorders including lumbar spinal stenosis, lumbar herniated discs, radiculopathy, degenerative disc disease, spondylolisthesis, sciatica […]
- David Edelstein, MD- Adult and Pediatric Upper Extremity Surgeon Dr. David M. Edelstein is board certified and specializes in orthopedic surgery of the hand and upper extremities. He is actively involved in research and has published articles in orthopaedic and hand journals. He has also presented research at regional and national hand conferences. He treats the full spectrum […]
- Jack Choueka, MD- Adult and Pediatric Upper Extremity Surgeon Chair, Department of Orthopedic Surgery & Musculoskeletal Services Director, Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program Biography An award-winning hand surgeon, Dr. Choueka, at The Hand and Upper Extremity Center, provides treatment for all upper extremity disorders. He performs state-of-the-art surgery, including shoulder, elbow and wrist arthroscopy. Dr. Choueka’s extensive […]
- James J. Tucci, MD- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon Biography Dr. Tucci is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He is also a member of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. He has trained Orthopedic Residents and continues to do so at Maimonides Medical Center. He has […]
- Jason Wong, MD- Dr. Jason Wong is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee replacement. He completed his medical training at Georgetown University and residency in orthopaedic surgery at Montefiore Medical Center. He then spent a year as a clinical fellow at Columbia University Medical Center specializing in adult reconstruction. He provided operative treatments and non-operative […]
- John Houten, MD- Dr. John Houten is a board-certified neurosurgeon with fellowship training in spinal surgery. His professional interests include advancing image-guided and minimally invasive techniques to more safely and accurately treat patients with conditions needing spinal surgery. After completing medical school, a neurosurgical residency, and a spinal surgery fellowship at New York University Medical Center, Dr. Houten spent more than […]
- John Munyak, MD- Sports Medicine Non-Operative Orthopedics A Board Certified Sports Medicine physician and lifelong athlete himself, Dr. Munyak, at The Brooklyn Orthopedic Institute, provides treatment for all sports medicine and musculoskeletal disorders. He performs state-of-the-art injections, including using ultrasound, to exactly guide the needle without the use of radiation. Dr. Munyak’s extensive knowledge of sports medicine, […]
- Joseph Feliccia, MD- Dr. Jack Choueka, Chair of Orthopedic Surgery at Maimonides Medical Center, announced that Dr. Joseph Feliccia has joined the Maimonides Bone & Joint Center Team. Dr. Feliccia brings with him over 30 years of experience in providing Orthopedic Surgery services to Brooklyn Communities and beyond. A graduate of the Hahnemann University School of Medicine in […]
- Kevin Kang, MD- Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon Dr. Kevin Kang, Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon, graduated from Montclair State University, summa cum laude, and from the University of Medicine and Dentistry Medical School. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Maimonides Medical Center, which included a dedicated year of research. Dr. Kang completed his orthopedic trauma fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. […]