Natalya Urovish, MD
A Board Certified Sports Medicine physician, Dr. Urovish, who is fluent in Russian, provides treatment for all sports medicine and musculoskeletal disorders. Treatments include injections, including using ultrasound, to exactly guide the needle without the use of radiation and to achieve real life imaging. Dr. Urovish is also board certified in Emergency Medicine, allowing for providing the most advanced care and up to date treatments available. She will utilize any methods possible to avoid surgery for patients. When all non-operative and conservative measures have been exhausted, including the judicious use of various healing agent/orthobiologic injections, such as prolotherapy/sclerotherapy, platelet rich plasma (PRP), Hylauronic acid (HA), interleuken-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra), as well as corticosteroids as indicated, and a customized/comprehensive physical therapy/rehabilitative program has failed, you will be referred to an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. She also performs state-of-the-art diagnostic ultrasound, including dynamic ultrasound, which does not use radiation, and, as opposed to MRI, allows the problem to be revealed while the patient is moving the injured extremity.
Dr. Urovish provides treatment for all disorders of the upper and lower extremities. This includes treatment for any joint pain from arthritis and sports, trauma/fracture care, overuse disorders, and other sports and non-sports related shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, thigh, knee, foot and ankle concerns. The Center has on-site occupational and physical therapy, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, splinting, injections, casting and X-rays.
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Acute injuries
- Ligament Sprains (any – such as ankle sprains)
- Tendon/Muscle Strains (any – both upper and lower extremities as well as spinal)
- Fractures (any)
- Cartilage injury (any)
- Contusions (any bruising or direct trauma)
- Concussions (pre season evaluation/testing as well as post concussion evaluation and return to play decision making)
- Overuse or chronic conditions
- Tendonitis/Tendinosis (including but not limited to rotator cuff, tennis elbow, wrist, thumb, hip, thigh, knee, leg, Achilles, foot – plantar fasciitis and ankle); including calcific tendonitis of the shoulder and any other location
- Stress fractures (including but not limited to hip, leg, foot and ankle)
- Bursitis (including but not limited to shoulder, elbow, hip – snapping hip, leg, foot, ankle – achilles)
- Arthritis (any joint including “weightlifter’s shoulder”)
- Nerve entrapment (including but not limited to such locations as the shoulder – suprascapular nerve “volleyball shoulder”, elbow -cubital tunnel, wrist – carpal tunnel, pelvis/hip – meralgia paresthetica, leg, ankle – tarsal tunnel, and foot – Morton’s neuroma)
- Any joint, muscle, tendon, ligament or bone pain will be evaluated for optimal management
- Joint Injection/Aspiration
- Calcific tendonitis trephenation/barbotage
- Tendon/Ligament Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
- Nerve and tendon Hydrodissection
- Steroid Injections
- Hyaluronic Acid joint Injections for arthritis – we can make our own so please inquire
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) and any other regenerative therapy injection such as IL-1Ra, and combinations that emulate orthokine, etc.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
- ImPACT Neurocognitive Assessment (for concussion)
- Splinting, Casting, Functional Bracing
- Pre-Participation Physical Examination
- Onsite X-Ray
BA in Biology, SUNY Binghamton 2003
MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University 2007
Emergency Medicine, North Shore University Hospital 2007-2010
Sports Medicine, North Shore University Hospital 2010-2011
Dr. Urovish speaks English and Russian.
Dr. Urovish sees patients on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and may be reached at 718-283-7400.