Ramin Sadeghpour, MD
Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Dr. Ramin Sadeghpour is fellowship-trained in shoulder and elbow surgery, with advanced training in complex shoulder and elbow reconstruction. Dr. Sadeghpour specializes in the treatment of all shoulder and upper extremity conditions including sports related, reconstructive, and traumatic injuries. He performs arthroscopic and open surgical techniques and is uniquely skilled with reverse shoulder replacement and revision shoulder surgery. He also treats general orthopaedic trauma of the upper and lower extremities.
Dr. Sadeghpour has trained under some of the world’s most renowned leaders in shoulder and elbow surgery. Following orthopaedic residency, he completed a complex shoulder and elbow fellowship at the San Francisco Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Clinic under Drs.Tom Norris and James Kelly. This specialty training has helped him gain unique skills in advanced shoulder and elbow arthroscopy and reconstruction.
Dr. Sadeghpour is very active in Orthopaedic research, having his research published and presented at a number of local, national, and international meetings. His primary area of interest is shoulder surgery, particularly in clinical results with shoulder arthroplasty.
His clinical approach is centered around each patient’s individual concerns and goals. He believes that clear communication, patient education, and patient participation are vital to the success of any treatment, whether operative or non-operative.
Education and Training
Tulane University School of Medicine
Maimonides Medical Center
San Francisco Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Clinic
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder instability repair
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Tennis elbow
- Elbow contracture
- Fractures and dislocations of the shoulder, elbow and AC joint
- Hand surgery
- Wrist and elbow surgery
- Complex fractures of the wrist, elbow and humerus
- General orthopaedic trauma
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Distal radius fractures
- Arthroscopy of the elbow, shoulder and knee
- Percutaneous Trigger Finger Release
- Hand, thumb and wrist arthritis
- Hand, Wrist, and elbow tendon and ligament surgery
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Clavicle fractures
- Problem Fractures of the upper extremity